Friday, December 14, 2012

Home made versus big business.

I've started to cut out the fabric for my 'Monday module shirt' and began to sew the pieces together. Initially, I didn't think I'd learn much because I make most of my own clothes. However, I'm actually learning a new way of sewing - the "manufacturing way". I suppose I can be pretty stubborn though, and like sticking to my own methods. Especially since I'm dedicated to vintage and am a "make do and mend gal". ;-)



On Wednesday I attended a lecture on 'Photography, Painting, and the Problem of Originality'. I learnt a lot because I'd only heard of one of the artists mentioned ('Gerard Richter').

'Kl. Badende' by Gerhard Richter.



My 'final collection of 20 samples' is coming along nicely. (I forgot to tell you about this - I have to produce them for my Friday module and they can be either be knitted, hand embroidered or printed...or a combination!) I just need to and embroider into a few more of my discharge pints and knit several more samples, both by hand and machine...

No comments:

Post a Comment