Friday, December 7, 2012

You can leave your shirt on...

On Monday I started my 'Introduction to Fashion Construction" by creating a sewing pattern for a shirt I'll be putting together over the next few weeks (I used 'basic pattern blocks' and changed the shape of them slightly, to fit with my design).



I want it to end up like this...



...but really, I'm gonna have to make something like this...



Bleurgh, I definitely need to do some more of my own sewing soon! I'm so bored of my wardrobe's contents at the moment! I want it to be this co-ordinated...



I had a lecture this week on 'Pop,...



...Minimalism...



...and Conceptualism'.



Obviously, the first one is 'Marilyn Monroe' by 'Andy Warhol', the second one is 'The Ring In Return' by 'Richard Heaven' and the third one is 'Beethoven’s Trumpet (With Ear) Opus # 133' by 'John Baldessari'.

I have to say that I actually, pretty much, like all different kinds of art. Even the ones that certain people say "a 5 year old could of done that"...

Oh, and on Friday I had another module review, but for my Friday 'Introduction to Textile Applications' module. My tutor was very pleased with my work, but I just need to do more research into knitting and embroidery...

No comments:

Post a Comment