Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Good Ol' Catch Up

Feels like I haven't written a post in ages, so I think it's definitely time for one!
OK, so last Friday I learnt how to sew different types of seams and hems. To be honest, I was surprised at my lack of knowledge on this subject. :-O Crazy times. Here's a round-up of the different samples.

Plain closed seam.

French Seam.

 Flat Felt Seam.

Plain Open Seam.

Bias Bound Edge

Five Thread Seam on Stretch Fabric.

Double Turned Hem (upside down because the Blogger's being annoying...)
 Pin Hem (upside down because the Blogger's being annoying...)


Oh, and you know I posted about 'Sew for Victory' a while back? Well I've completed the blouse part of the outfit. Just need to find some time between now and the 29th March to make the skirt!



Pocket (because pockets are the greatest thing ever).

Look at the beaut buttons I used!

I'll take photos of the sewing patterns I'm using as well and show them in another post. Tata for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment