Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Forgot How Much I Dislike Essays...

So I recieved my mark back for the presentation I did recently. Was higher than I was expecting to be honest! I just hope I get a high mark on my essay too! I would definitely dislike having to re-do that... -_-

But something more interesting than essays is wallpaper! ;-) I know, I'm too cool. After a week of painting, I finally managed to make my wallpaper samples more interesting and "intense".






Overall I'm pleased with the results. Although as usual, I prefer certain ones over others. For instance, my favourites are the second and fourth one. :-D
For my inspiration I've been looking at SO MANY books from my local library (some of them are definitely going on my Christmas list! ;-) )

I'm trying to be as vintage as I can and not use the internet for research. It's going OK for Monday's module, but I had to use both for my essay. This is because I've found loads of books on wallpaper but not as many on "fashion and art". I also didn't have time to read books properly so it was a case of flicking through and hoping to find answers!

Oh, and I tried to make a jumpsuit in a "college day" (just over 5 hours - excluding breaks). It was pretty intense. I kinda failed in completing it because I've still got to sew in the zip and neaten up a few seams and hems. Not sure exactly when this will happen. I'm hoping next Monday... Photos will hopefully be taken when I have completed it... If I remember, that is. :-P Although we are going to be doing a photoshoot for them (along our chosen wallpaper designs as the background). I'm kind of panicking about this because the only photos I take are of cats and cake... And I'm not sure exactly how the wallpapering is happening/WHAT THE HECK AM I GOING TO DECIDE FOR A FINAL DESIGN?!

...Hopefully it wil all come together in the end... Hopefully...

No comments:

Post a Comment