Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sewing like crazy.

I managed to complete my jumpsuit toile. Hurrah!






It turned out OK, but it was only a toile, so I didn't do it to perfection. However, I'm pleased with the design. It's not particularly something that I would wear. I think the only type of jumpsuit I'd wear would be this...

SO MAKING THE ONE ON THE LEFT! Too cute! ;-D

Oh, and I learnt how to draft my own patterns on the dress stand. :-D So much easier than just using 2D pattern paper and trying to figure out how to adjust it! I say 2D because by using calico and wrapping it around the dress stand, you can see how it looks for real.







Definitely want to try making my own patterns using this method! (The calico pattern is transferred onto pattern paper to use for cutting the final fabric with.


I'm also trying to come up with final wallpaper designs. Gah! Monday's module is absolutely crazy at the moment! Stress... 

No comments:

Post a Comment