Friday, November 30, 2012

Knit one, purl one - take two.

Today I did some hand knitting. I've done it before, but had forgotten the technique of "casting on", "casting off", "knit stitch" and "purl stitch". As you can tell, I only try out the basic stitches today, but I'll probably try out more technical ones in my own time as "development".

Casting on.



Knit stitch.



Purl stitch.







My sample kinda ended up in an absolute mess though, so I'm gonna being doing lots of practicing!

Oh, and on Monday I had a 'module review'. How did it go? Well, my tutor liked my sketchbook, but I need to be less "naive" with my work and show clear links between my research and my own work. I also need to expand my knowledge of different types of yarn and fabric. Bleurgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment