Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Today's purchases.

OK, so the curtains post will end up being the one after this instead... But anyway!

So I don't usually manage to go to the smaller one of my local antique shops but I managed to fit it in this morning. Here's what I managed to find...



This stunning (!) Monsoon 1990s does 1940s purple velvet evening gown for £8. I couldn't decide whether I wanted it when it was hanging up. It looked a bit lifeless and shapeless. However the owner was very kind and said I could bring it back if it wasn't right (which is very rare with antique and vintage shops). I was shocked at how amazing it was as soon as I put it on and wrapped my trusty black waist belt around it to give it shape. I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to wear this as I don't go out but it's too stunning to let go now!


These two cheeky chaps for £14 (£7 each). Well, I couldn't leave one on it's own, they're friends! I think they're mink and are either from the 1930s, 1940s or 1950s. I'm not great with working out the date and type of animal of fur yet! But as long as it's real fur and has the head on still then that's all that matters to me!


And lastly these pair of taffeta curtains for £7. I'm going to use them for the fabric and make things like these...

 
 










2 comments:

  1. That is an elegant gown, ideal for your next soiree!

    ReplyDelete