Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Arty Farty.

I've been all boffiny the last few days and got on with some serious work. :-P We've been able to decide the subject matter for the 'Monday module' at college, and we'll be working from whatever we've chosen to create creative shebang. It has to be from a lecture we've attended though... But luckily I found something awesome! ;-)

ROMANTICISM!
(And thus, the Pre-Raphaelites, 'cos they were part of it...)

I am absolutely head-over-heels in love with Pre-Raphaelite art. It's absolutely stunning. If you get a chance, check out 'Frank Cadogan Cowper'. His work is just breath-taking. Oh, and of course, not to mention the very famous 'Edward Burne-Jones', whom I was first introduced to from watching the brilliant film 'An Education'.

Anyway, here's some paintings I've done. :-)

My version of Frank Cadogan Cowper's 'Vanity'.



I couldn't find any details about the original version of this, but here's my version of another Pre-Raphaelite painting...




My version of 'Dante Gabriel Rossetti's' 'Lady Lilith'.



Oh, and this is the creative mess around me...



And a scrummy Belgium bun I ate while taking a break... Omnomnom.



Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment