Thursday, February 14, 2013

Some good ol' 1940s spirit!

So I've just discovered that Lucky Lucille is holding a fantastic 'sew-along'. It's called 'Sew for Victory' and you basically have to attempt to sew a 1940s inspired piece of clothing (or outfit!) and she'll post your crafty skills on her blog! I'm new to the whole 'sew-along' business, but I have plenty of experience of sewing with vintage patterns (especially 1940s & 50s ones), so I'm hoping to create something great! :-D I'm still kind of deciding what exactly I want to make (I have so many projects lined up in my head! Should probably make myself a 'sewing router'!) I'm definitely seeking inspiration from good ol' 1940s films. Anyone ever watched Blithe Spirit? Well if not, then you must! The character 'Ruth' wears some stunning outfits, each one I want to make! I wasn't able to find any pictures that truly showed them off, but here's some that'll do! :-P









No comments:

Post a Comment