Friday, February 1, 2013

Button up.

A another kind of "non-week" really. Completed my shirt for Monday's module (sewed on buttons and gave it all a final press). I used quirky buttons to funk it up a bit. Kinda like these...



I suddenly realised that I didn't say at the end of last week's post that I created the buttonholes of the shirt with a machine. Now I've always created them by hand at home. I do own a vintage buttonholer attachment for my 1950s singer, but me and papa still need to figure the darn thing out! However, using the "modern" one at college has definitely made me more determined to work it out... I'm never gonna swap my vintage sewing machine for a modern one though! I love it far too much!

2 comments:

  1. Anything on 3-D Printing yet? I wonder what role it has in fashion. I suppose you could design and print out your own buttons, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there. Only just got back to my blogging mojo! We never covered 3D printing actually. Never thought about 3D printed buttons! Haha. Check out my new blog posts. :-)

      Delete