Friday, July 25, 2014

A Little Bit of Luxury.

I've been working on this sewing project for quite a while. It's been an on and off thing because of lack of spare time and being able to get to my sewing area. But it's finally finished and I can now show you a little secret...



I used this late 1940s Butterick sewing pattern that I've had in my collection for about a year now and it's just been waiting for the perfect fabric.



So here we have the front of the night gown. I went for an emerald green polyester satin material to compliment my red hair.


The front in more detail. Lots of top stitching!


And this is the back. It has a low v and ties with ribbons at the waist to accentuate and pull in the waist (always a must for me!)


I'm really pleased with the final product. It's not too tight so is comfortable enough to wear in bed and lounge around on lazy Sunday mornings and still look glamorous! I decided to not make the matching bed jacket because I have a 1950s dressing gown sewing pattern that I want to use to replace my modern leopard print dressing gown...

Night all!







2 comments:

  1. Very stylish, and far better than a onesie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to wear as well! Satin against the skin is the best!

      Delete