Saturday, July 26, 2014

Polkadots and Bows!

One of the sewing projects that has been sitting in my "to finish" pile has been a 1950s reproduction blouse. I made a plain white version of it a few months ago for a job interview and liked the fit and style so much that I wanted to make a more colourful and fun version. So here it is!



I took these buttons off another 1950s reproduction top I made a couple of years ago out of exactly the same fabric. However I don't wear it much but hopefully this blouse will get more attention from me!

I used this 1950s sewing pattern, which I bought a few months ago for £1.50 from a local antiques shop.


It's such an easy to follow sewing pattern as well! I fell in love with the rounded collar detail immediately! I much prefer them to the usual pointed collars!



No comments:

Post a Comment