Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Getting Organised in a Shabby Chic Way.

So thanks to Mr Postman I am now ready to put my vintage clothes out for sale at where I work on weekends! If all goes well I'll put some items on Etsy as well for you lot that can't access the real shop! Yay or nay?

Anyway, I spent all day yesterday getting my clothes hangers ready. This is how they were when they arrived in the post...


Perfectly acceptable and usable but not pretty... So I turned them into these...



Hello colourful and shabby chic hangers! Perfect for hanging vintage clothes on! I can't believe it took all day though... Eurgh. I'm so happy with them though! I didn't know whether to decorate them with polkadot sand floral patterns but I'll leave them as they are for now...

I'm currently making the wrap dress pattern of this...


But I decided what I'm going to use my blue fabric for as well because that will be my next project! I like to be organised!



Yep, I'm gonna make this awesome 1940s playsuit out of the fabric! I've had this sewing pattern since last summer and have been looking for the ideal fabric to use for it and now I've found it! I've just got to size the sewing pattern down by one size and then I can start cutting out! Watch this space. ;-D If anyone would like a tutorial on re-sizing sewing patterns, then comment below!

Oh, and this also came in the post today...



OMG, isn't is the best?! I've been hunting down the original of this sewing pattern for months! And I've finally got my hands on it! I'm planning on buying some psychedelic paisley print fabric I saw last week to make this out of! Wouldn't that be just fabulous?! Anyway, here's today's outfit...


Outfit details:-

Dress thrifted last year;
Belt thrifted last year:
1950s faux pearl necklace from antiques shop 6 months ago;
Faux pearl earrings from River Island years ago;
1970s chiffon printed headscarf thrifted years ago.














3 comments:

  1. Your doing well! The hangers look much improved, will you be adding your logo to them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will when I've decided on a name and logo. I'm really bad at deciding...

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing what you decide upon.

    ReplyDelete